- What Harilo.com Does for You
- Our services allow people in Nepal to buy goods from U.S. retailers, and pay with Nepali rupees (or US dollars).
- We then ship the goods to Kathmandu & pay customs and V.A.T. on your behalf! Every package can be tracked online through our website.
- Our service is a safe, fun way to enjoy the enormous selection of goods available in the U.S. marketplace right from your computer.
- You can buy from popular U.S. retail websites, from eBay Buy It Now and even from U.S. wholesalers. Take a look at recommended shops popular with our customers, or our latest deals.
- Who Uses Harilo.com?
- Anyone living in Nepal (from expats to Nepalis) can use Harilo's services to receive packages ordered online at any US based website.
- Nepali business people who do not want to spend money on buying trips to the US - they save money on airplane tickets, hotels and food (not to mention expensive visa fees).
- INGOs, NGOs and charities who need to order specialized equipment, receive donations or need to buy wholesale goods.
- NRNs who want to send gifts back home to friends and family in Nepal.
People living in Nepal now enjoy the same services as U.S. citizens. Each customer chooses whether they would like to pay in Nepali rupees or US dollars. Stores in the U.S. typically do not ship overseas. Using Harilo.com package consolidation and international shipping services lets them buy just as if they were on a shopping trip to the United States.
For customers who may find that their credit card is not acceptable to some U.S. websites. We accept wire transfers, Nepali rupees or dollars.
Harilo and its distribution partners, who have been delivering goods worldwide for decades, have developed technologies and processes which have positioned Harilo as the premier forwarding service from the US to Nepal. Harilo employees are behind the scenes from the time your shipments are sent to our warehouse in Florida to their arrival at our office in Kathmandu, ensuring that every step is completed in a timely manner. From the active tracking of inbound and outbound shipments to and from the Harilo warehouse, to ensuring the proper packaging is used to protect your goods, Harilo employees are working tirelessly to ensure you have a positive experience.
- How did Harilo start?
- Harilo is the brainchild of three people; Kim Smith, Akshay Sthapit, and Brian Smith. Tired of asking friends to bring items back from abroad, they looked to create a way for people in Nepal to get goods that much of the world takes for granted. While online shopping has become an everyday thing in many countries, it seemed unfortunate that the infrastructure to accommodate people in Nepal had been left out and Harilo was formed to fill that gap. Harilo offers that bridge that connects Nepal to the world of online shopping.
- What's next
In the future we hope to expand the areas of Nepal that we serve (currently we deliver only in the Kathmandu valley) and further down the road we hope to include online shopping from other countries like the U.K., Hong Kong, Thailand, Japan, etc.
Our goal is to provide a simple and cost effective solution to the ever growing international market. Whether you are in Nepal looking for products in the US, or you are a US business looking to expand worldwide, Harilo is the company for you. Get what you want, where you want it!
If you have suggestions or are in need of services not shown on our site, contact us and we will strive to meet your needs.
- Comments powered by Disqus
Shop US stores and send to Nepal