Answers for your questions:
- How soon will I receive my items?
For standard shipping we have containers leaving every week (on Tuesday). After the container leaves FL, it usually take 10 days to reach Kathmandu.
Your item needs to reach our warehouse by Saturday night to make it on the Tuesday shipment. Mail is not delivered on Sundays in the U.S. Please look at the domestic shipping on the item you want at the retailers' website to determine how long it will take your item to reach our warehouse. Items from eBay can take up to 20 business days since it depends on the seller. (You need a membership to order from eBay - please see harilo.com/pricing)
On the other hand, items sold and shipped by Amazon.com take only 2 business days to reach our warehouse in Florida! If you want express shipping from the retailer, please let us know when you place your quote request at harilo.com/shop, and we will be happy to help you.
- How do I pay?
- You can pay with a Credit Card, Paypal, AlertPay, Payway, eSewa, PayBill, Google Checkout, Amazon Payments, Global Bank online transfers, Laxmi Bank online payments, Nepal Investment Bank online bill payment, Standard Chartered Bank online transers, Bank of Asia online, NMB Bank online, Cash, or by writing a check to "Harilo Dot Com Pvt. Ltd."
- Do you have a rewards program?
- Yes! Earning money on Harilo is extremely easy. Simply add a testimonial by clicking on any paid order to automatically add Rs 15.00 to your Harilo account. Similarly add a review for any item you have purchased on Harilo and Rs Rs 25.00 will be automatically added to your Harilo account. The balance on your account can be cashed out anytime or used to purchase a membership or used towards future purchases. You're welcome.
- How long are my quotes valid for?
- Quotes are valid for 7 days to protect both parties from fluctuations in exchange rates. However, Harilo reserves the right to cancel a quote if the buy price goes up by $10 or 10%.
- Can I pay after my order has arrived?
- No. Harilo places your order upon payment. We can even place it in front of you if you'd like. We also give you a tracking number from UPS so you know where your item is at all times. After being in business for 6 months we haven't lost or damaged a single item. We’re also affiliated with all the big banks in Nepal - Laxmi Bank, Nepal Investment Bank, Mega Bank, and Global Bank.
See our reputation for yourself – check out customer reviews, testimonials, and press coverage.
- Why is the shipping cost sometimes different for items of similar sizes and weights?
- Shipping prices depend on the size and weight but also on the category and price of the item since it includes various fees like insurance, service charges, packing costs, and customs clearance fees. Another reason is that exchange rates vary daily. Finally international freight rates change frequently and depend on the carrier similar to why a plane ticket from A to B can vary from one day to the next even though the origin and destination is the same.
- I have not received my quote yet. Why not?
- Quotes are done on a priority system. To get faster quotes, become a member (see http://harilo.com/pricing).
- Why should I join the membership program?
- Harilo is free to use but some members are more equal than others. Members can get free home delivery, faster quotes and more quotes per day (see http://harilo.com/pricing).
- How can I pay for membership?
- You can pay for membership in two ways: at your bank or at our office. If you would like to pay at your bank, send us an email at email@example.com with the name of your bank and we'll send you the account number via email. If you would like to pay at our office, visit us at 1804 Kantipath!
- Does Harilo provide an additional warranty on the goods I purchase?
- No, we do not provide additional product warranties. Before purchasing an item, be sure to check the company's warranty policy. In the unlikely event that an item is unsatisfactory and needs to be shipped back to the US, our team would be happy to assist you.
- I don't live in Kathmandu. Can Harilo courier items to my home?
- At this moment we do not provide a courier service. Many customers living outside Kathmandu arrange for their own courier, friend or family member to pick up their items. We will provide you with a secure and unique pick-up code that you can give to your courier.
- My cab ride costs more than my order - is there a way to shop on Harilo without coming in person to pay for each order?
- If you don't have a credit card , you can open a NRS or USD account with Harilo in which you can make deposits and withdrawals during our office hours. You can then use your balance towards any purchase on Harilo. We created this option by popular demand from users who don't have credit cards but want to shop on Harilo for small items without having to come to the office to pay for each order. You can check your account balance anytime on the website.
- I'm tired of copying and pasting URLs. Is there a better way?
- We're tired of it too! Just drag the following link to your browser toolbar and you'll be all set. Harilo it. For those of you on Chrome you can also install the Harilo Chrome extension.
- What stores are eligible?
- You can purchase from any store in the U.S. that sells online. Some of our favorites are Amazon, Best Buy and IKEA.
- Why is this better than having a friend bring things back for me?
- It's not. But Harilo's law says the number of things you ask friends to bring back for you when they travel and the frequency with which you ask is inversely proportional to the number of friends you have left.
- Why is this better than ordering things on my own and having them shipped to Nepal?
- Harilo offers five key benefits. The first is that it allows Nepalis to purchase items in our local currency, Rupees. No store in the U.S. will do that and it's difficult to convert Rupees into dollars. The second is that if you shop online you invariably need a credit card or a foreign bank account which automatically excludes most Nepalis. The third is economy of scale - the shipping rates we get since we ship in large containers is much better than if you shipped one or two items - we are then able to transfer these savings on to you. The fourth benefit is that we have a warehouse in Miami that we can first ship your orders to and then forward to Nepal. Few stores in the U.S. ship internationally and even fewer ship to Nepal. Finally, we take care of all the details. Place an order with us and we deal with shipping, customs, and if you're close enough we'll even deliver to your home using G.P.S.
- What does Harilo mean?
- Harilo is a Nepali word that means lush, i.e. full of greenery and abundant. The Nepali shopping scene is a barren landscape with few options. We scavenge for what Nepali shops think we want. A lot Nepalis don't know how bad shopping really is in Nepal - ignorance is bliss. The ones that do are frustrated or accept the situation. Those who can go on shopping trips abroad. We want to change all that. We want to change the bleak shopping in Nepal into something more abundant and make it, well, more harilo.
- Comments powered by Disqus